Info & Registration
"If you have a vision, but need the tools to get there, Capital Development Services' fundraising workshop will be one of the most valuable things you will ever do! It's worth clearing your calendar for!"
Rob Murphy, Former Assistant Headmaster for Advancement: Blue Ridge School
“The workshop I attended in Hilton Head was remarkable. It gave me new insight on organizing a campaign. I almost did not attend the workshop, because like many other professionals, my calendar is jammed with appointments and meetings; however, I am so glad I cleared my schedule for this workshop. It was well worth it."
Ericka Jones, Director of Foundation and Public Information: Robeson Community College Foundation
From neophytes to fundraising veterans, everyone can benefit from new insights gained in continued education. Whether at a CapDev sponsored workshop or by attending a conference where we are presenting, participants gain a deepened knowledge, a fresh perspective and the motivation to inspire your work.
Frequently requested for our dynamic speakers and on-point topics, CapDev presents at numerous local, regional and national conferences throughout each year. Participants consistently rank us among their top-rated speakers in conference evaluations, and appreciate the valuable take-away advice and materials to put to work advancing their organizations' efforts.
Find us at conferences; invite us to conduct a session just for your organization; or join us for one of our own unique workshops and learn about:
- Essential Component for Successful Fundraising Back to the basics with elements fundraisers at any level can apply
- Building a Culture of Philanthropy by Engaging Leadership - Distinguish "philanthropy" from "fundraising" and build up board support
- "It's not WHAT you do; It's WHY you do it" - Building Purpose-Driven Philanthropy -Learn how the outcome of asking "why" can have a tremendous impact on philanthropy NEW for 2013!
- Giving and Getting Exploring current giving trends and learn how to get your piece of the philanthropic pie
- Building a Major Donor Program & Building a Donor Cultivation Program - single sessions or a 2-part series
- Avoiding the Top 10 Mistakes in Capital Campaigns Step-by-step instruction to plan a successful campaign
- The Art of the Ask The "ask" is more about planning than asking, so learn how to ask so that you get a "yes"
- Effective Prospect Research Learn to conduct good research, a must to identify and cultivate your next leaders and donors
- Hiring, Attracting and Retaining Development Professionals The acronym spells HARD, but we break down the executive search job and makes it EASY
Each of these workshops can be presented in 60 to 90-minute sessions or combined to create effective half or full-day sessions. Click here for more information.
Knowledge is power, so everyone benefits from good training. Board members and nonprofit staff have praised the insights gained from CapDev-led seminars throughout the Southeast. Capital Development Services' team delivers interesting presentations on topics relevant to your work in an interactive format to keep you informed and motivated.
NEW TOPIC FOR 2013: CapDev's newest full-day workshop topic, Growing Philanthropy, is geared toward major campaign planning training, and was first held on April 10th in Charlotte, NC. Details and registration for our next workshop will soon be available from the link in the left column of this page, or contact Clare Jordan, Director of Marketing, for more information at . Additional CapDev workshops this year will be in Raleigh on October 10th (open to all), and in Charleston SC on September 13th (by invitation only).
Click the button on the top left of this page for information and registration for the next CapDev-Sponsored Workshop
CapDev's EnABLE Program
"You must do well to do good"
Click below to download CapDev's one-of-a-kind program to EnABLE your board and senior staff using our proven method to Energize, Assess, Build, Leverage, and Engage your leadership: