Director of Development and Campaign
Sharon Towers is pleased to announce a search for a full-time director of development and campaign as a part of an exciting vision of growth for Charlotte's premiere retirement living community. Sharon Towers now seeks an energetic and visionary director of development to grow an established annual giving program and prepare for the launch of an exciting capital campaign to fund significant campus expansion that coincide with Sharon Towers 50Th Anniversary.
The Position | Director of Development and Campaign
The Director of Development and Campaign will work with the Sharon Towers Leadership Staff, Board of Directors, volunteers and campaign counsel, to launch, sustain, staff, coordinate and implement all aspects of the forthcoming capital campaign. The Director of Development will serve as the director of an ambitious $5 - $7 Million Capital Campaign in the early stages of planning while managing significant growing of an established Annual Fund program.
The ideal candidate will thrive on working independently as a member of a one-person staffed development office and as a part of a committed leadership team. The director of development must be able to lead the board, leadership, and staff to embrace private philanthropy as a critical component of the campus expansion.
The successful candidate will possess a bachelor's degree, a minimum of 5 years of experience in fundraising, that requires building and managing relationships with people of influence and supporting their needs. Additionally, major donor cultivation and/or campaign experience is preferred. General understanding of Planned Giving is a must. Demonstrated experiences working with databases is essential, as are exemplary written and communication skills. He or she must be a self-managing, self-starter, with a high level of self-confidence and good personal presentation, eager to establish personal relationships with residents and major supporters of Sharon Towers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Collaborate with the Sharon Towers leadership team, Board of Directors, volunteers and residents to engage the community in philanthropic support of Sharon Tower's annual and campaign programs.
Plan and execute effective donor cultivation, recognition, and stewardship of all gifts, campaign and annual;
Plan and implement the Annual Residents' Assistance Endowment Fund Campaign including solicitation of gifts from residents and the community at large.
- Manage and grow the Sharon Towers Planned Giving Program, including preparing an annual plan, educating Sharon Towers' constituencies about available planned gift options for residents, identifying and cultivating planned gift prospects and planning and carrying out stewardship activities for existing planned gift donors.
- Manage the donor management program, including timely, acknowledgements, management of the database, and planning of recognition events.
- Work with members of the Sharon Towers Leadership Team and campaign counsel campaign volunteers to design and implement a successful $5-$7 million capital campaign to expand services and implement the vision of the strategic plan and campus master plan.
- Provide staffing to all volunteer leadership, in the recruitment and orientation of campaign volunteers, and solicitation of gifts. Inform and involve Board of Trustees in campaign activities. Meet regularly with Campaign Leadership to inform and involve them in campaign activities.
- Implement daily campaign activities, supporting and managing campaign volunteers and their activities, during the solicitation and design and building phase of the campaign to its completion.
- Accompany campaign volunteers and staff on appropriate cultivation and/or solicitation calls.
- Provide staffing to schedule and arrange logistics of all campaign meetings, committees, cultivation events, and other meetings and events related to the campaign.
- Ensure that all necessary campaign materials are available to campaign staff and volunteers. Prepare all correspondence including meeting notifications, agendas, minutes, solicitation packets, written proposals, follow-up letters, thank you's, and other follow-up materials.
- Insure maintenance of all prospects and assignment tracking reports, gift and pledge records and reports, and gift acknowledgements.
- Compile all profile information on individual, corporate, foundation, and other prospects to review with campaign volunteers and staff.
- Maintain and update a campaign calendar of scheduled activities and make regular reports to the Sharon Towers Leadership Team, Board of Trustees, and Campaign Leadership.
- Ensure that all materials are organized and maintained thoroughly and accurately on a computer and hard copy filing systems for all campaign activities.
- Perform the above and any other duties necessary for effective and efficient implementation of campaign plans and activities.
Essential Skills, Requirements and Preferred Qualifications
- A proven track record in major gift fundraising with a minimum of five years of experience, (emphasis on individual fundraising and donor relations);
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree is required, and professional certifications are preferred;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently with little administrative support;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain major donor and executive-level relationships on behalf of Sharon Towers;
- Superior written communication and proposal development skills;
- An affinity for senior programs and a commitment to enriching the quality of life or senior adults.
Sharon Towers has retained Capital Development Services to assist with recruitment for this position. Candidates must provide a cover letter, resume, and list of three references. All materials will be kept confidential. Additional inquiries may be directed to Jen Tozier at Capital Development Services, 336-747-0133 x 208 or .