Director of Development | NC State Engineering Foundation, Inc.
The Opportunity | North Carolina State University
The NC State Engineering Foundation, Inc. (NCSEF) is a private nonprofit organization which raises funds from over 50,000 alumni, friends, industry related foundations and other sources to support the College of Engineering at NC State University.
Securing private support is critical to advancing the College in rankings of academic and research universities. More focus is being placed on private endowed support for scholarships, fellowships, and professorships to recruit the best students and faculty for our programs. Focus is also being placed on support for capital improvements to help offset ongoing significant budget cuts that are being implemented. All of this is necessary to have the space and resources available for increased enrollment in engineering.
The Position | Director of Development, NC State Engineering Foundation, Inc.
North Carolina State University invites applications for the Director of Development within the NC State Engineering Foundation, Inc. The Director of Development's responsibility is the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of individual prospects with the capability of giving $50,000+ gifts, who are graduates of the College of Engineering. Frequent travel is required.
The responsibilities of the Director of Development include:
- Serve as an active team member in the development and implementation of the College of Engineering Development Office short-term and long-term planning objectives.
- Identify, qualify and manage a portfolio of approximately 150 prospects with a capacity to make gifts of $50,000 or more.
- Conduct at least 144 personal visits with prospects and donors per year and participate in a minimum of 15 solicitations per year.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the priorities of the College of Engineering and make a persuasive oral and written case for supporting key programs
- Develop and implement immediate and long-range plans for enhancing the image of and expanding major gift support for the College of Engineering.
- Serve as lead development personnel for at least one of the College's key geographic regions.
- Serve as a staff liaison with assigned departments and the NCSEF.
- Assist in the administration of volunteer boards for the departments.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Must have 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in fundraising and/or relevant experience in sales and marketing, or other related fields.
Essential Skills, Requirements and Preferred Qualifications
- Proven experience in working with 6- and 7-figure gifts or comparable sales and marketing accounts, including the ability to evaluate, qualify and move prospects through the cultivation/solicitation cycle.
- Must be able to set priorities and manage multiple, competing tasks.
- Must be available for frequent travel.
- Preferred previous experience with prospect research of corporate/foundations, individuals and planned giving.
NCSU has retained Capital Development Services to assist with recruitment for this position. Candidates must provide a cover letter, resume, and list of three references. All materials will be kept confidential. Additional inquiries may be directed to Jen Tozier at Capital Development Services, 336-747-0133 x 208 or .